Request an Accommodation

ADA Coordinator: Francie Cordova

University's ADA Notice

To request an accommodation, complete either the digial Online Accommodation Request Tool or download the Request for Disability Accommodation Form (available below) and submit it to your supervisor or the Office of Equal Opportunity. If you are a student and would like to request an academic accommodation, please contact Accessibility Services at (505) 277-3507.

A reasonable accommodation is any requested modification or adjustment to job duties or schedule, or to the work environment, that enables a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to participate in the application process or to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodation also includes adjustments to ensure that a qualified individual with a disability has rights and privileges in employment equal to those of employees without disabilities.

Academic Setting

Pursuant to University Policy #2310, Academic Adjustments for Students with Disabilities, a student who seeks academic adjustment because of a disability should register with the Accessibility Services Office and submit documentation of the disability from a licensed or certified professional in order to become eligible for services.

  • Applicants to, or students in the UNM School of Medicine and the Colleges of Nursing and Pharmacy should contact the UNM School of Medicine Manager of the Office of Medical Student Affairs for information on requesting academic adjustment.
  • Applicants to, or students in the UNM Law School should notify the Law School Registrar as well as the Accessibility Services Office.

Employment Setting

Employees are encouraged to submit a Reasonable Accommodation Request Form pursuant to University Policy #3110, Reasonable Accommodation for Employees with Disabilities. However, verbal notification is sufficient to require the supervisor to take action.

ADA Reasonable Accommodations Forms