Campus Security Authorities

Are you a campus security authority (CSA)?

If you fit in one of the areas listed below, then you will need to sign up as a CSA and you will need to take the CSA Training.

  • Campus Police
  • Campus Security, including Hospital Security, Student Security and Contracted Security
  • Advocacy Center Professional Staff, including  the LoboRESPECT Advocacy Center, Women’s Resource Center, LGBTQ Center
  • Dean of Students Office Professional Staff, including Student Conduct and Orientation Staff
  • Student Activities Professional Staff
  • UNM and ACC Residence Life Staffs, including Resident Advisors and Professional Staff
  • All Athletics Coaches at UNM
  • Student Exchange Office Professional Staff Members, including GEO and National Student Exchange
  • Faculty or Staff Advisors to Student Groups
  • Faculty or Staff who lead Student Trips
  • Lastly, any official of UNM that has significant responsibility for student and campus activities, which potentially could include Academic Advisors, Chairs/Deans of Colleges and other areas not described above.

*Faculty are specifically excluded from being CSA’s, with the exception of those who are advisors to student groups or lead student trips

What do Campus Security Authorities Do?

  • They listen to the person who has brought forward a crime concern to them
  • They find out the following from the person who brought forward the crime concern to them:
    • Location Of Crime
    • Type of Crime
    • When Crime Occurred
    • When Crime was Reported

*It is very helpful to have the reporting person’s name, but not a requirement of Clery to get that information

  • To give resources to the student to address what has occurred, such as the following:
    • Advocacy Centers, in case they need to speak to an advocate at UNM
    • Student Health and Counseling
    • UNM Police
    • Dean of Students Office
    • Office of Equal Opportunity
    • To report the incident, utilizing the CSA Reporting Form or the Incident/Police Report Reporting methods that have already been approved as reporting avenues.

What Don’t Campus Security Authorities Do?

  • Try to apprehend the subject who committed the crime
  • Decide if a crime actual occurred
  • You don’t tell the student you can keep the incident confidential

How do you sign up to be a Campus Security Authority?

Those individuals who are identified as CSA’s need to go to the following website and register to be a CSA:  by clicking on the CSA Member Registration link on the left hand side of the page.

How do you take the on-line CSA Training?

Once you have registered, you will need to log into the CSA Member Login on the UNM Campus Police website to access the CSA Training:  which is at the top right of this UNMPD opening page

Once you have logged in to the CSA Member Login, you will click on the Download Training PDF, which is on the left hand side of the page.  To complete the training, you will need to scroll through all the slides within the power point presentation provided.  Once you have completed the training, you may opt to provide feedback at the Training Feedback tab. 

*CSA Training must be completed during the first year they serve as a CSA, however, some CSA’s may be requested to complete the training on an annual basis.

How to update your CSA Profile?

To update your CSA Profile, you will need to log into the CSA Member Login on the UNM Campus Police website which is on the top right of the page. 

Once you have logged in to the CSA Member Login, you will click on the Update Your CSA Profile link, which is on the left hand side of the page.   You will complete the information and click on I agree to the terms and then you will need to submit your profile update.

*Profiles must be updated on an annual basis.

Campus Security