File a Complaint

The University of New Mexico's Office of Equal Opportunity is where to go if you have a question, problem, or complaint of discrimination. In order to file a complaint of discrimination, you should submit an Intake Questionnaire Form (English version) or Cuestionario Preliminar(Spanish version) to OEO. Please view our Discrimination Claims Procedures (English version) or Procedimiento de Reclamos de Discriminacion (Spanish version) for more information on claims procedures. You'll find all of these on our Forms page.

State and federal laws also protect you and complaints may be filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at (505) 248-5210, or the New Mexico Human Rights Office at (505) 827-6838). If you are a student, you may also raise a complaint of discrimination with the Federal Office of Civil Rights/Denver Office at (303) 844-4303.

Under University policy, an individual against whom protected class discrimination or sexual harassment allegations are made has the right to know what the specific allegations are and who made the allegations so that they can respond to those allegations, as they may be subject to disciplinary action if the OEO finds that they violated University policy after conducting an investigation. On the other hand, there may be cases wherein the OEO may be able to intervene in a situation that does not involve a formal complaint of discrimination or sexual harassment and be able to resolve an issue and keep the identities of the parties anonymous.