Download OEO Forms

The University of New Mexico's Office of Equal Opportunity is where to go if you have a question, problem, or complaint of discrimination. In order to file a complaint of discrimination, you should submit an Intake Questionnaire Form (English version) or Cuestionario Preliminar (Spanish version) to OEO or complete the digital Online Complaint Intake Tool. Please send all completed forms to OEO either through fax, e-mail or to the department's physical address.

New Discrimination Grievance Procedures

In order to file a claim of discrimination, you should submit an Intake Questionnaire/Cuestionario Preliminar (see above) to OEO.  As per new Title IX regulations, effective as of August 14, 2020, the OEO has implemented an updated discrimination grievance procedure that is in line with new federal regulations.  Any reports that are made on or after August 14, 2020 will follow the new procedural document below, while reports prior to the mandatory deadline will follow the old process below.

Discrimination Grievance Procedures for Reports Made On or After August 14, 2020

Discrimination Claims Procedures for Reports Made Before August 14, 2020

Reasonable Accommodations

Reasonable accommodations may also be requested by using the reasonable accommodations form below.  Upon receiving a request for an accommodation, the supervisor should work with the employee to discuss reasonable accommodations. The supervisor may then refer the employee to the Office of Equal Opportunity.  To request an accommodation, either complete the digital Online Accommodation Request Tool,or download and complete the following paper forms:

State and federal laws also protect you and complaints may be filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at (505) 248-5210, or the New Mexico Human Rights Office at (505) 827-6838). If you are a student, you may also raise a complaint of discrimination with the Federal Office of Civil Rights/Denver Office at (303) 844-4303.

Under University policy, an individual against whom protected class discrimination or sexual harassment allegations are made has the right to know what the specific allegations are and who made the allegations so that they can respond to those allegations, as they may be subject to disciplinary action if the OEO finds that they violated University policy after conducting an investigation. On the other hand, there may be cases wherein the OEO may be able to intervene in a situation that does not involve a formal complaint of discrimination or sexual harassment and be able to resolve an issue and keep the identities of the parties anonymous.