Title IX Coordinator
Phone: (505) 277-5251
Responsibilities of Title IX Coordinators are to coordinate the institution's efforts to comply with its obligations under Title IX and the Title IX regulations including:
- Develops, implements, coordinates and conducts educational programs and initiatives designed to educate and support faculty, staff, and students regarding their rights and, where applicable, obligations under Title IX, including reporting options/responsibilities, support services, University policy and applicable disciplinary code, grievance procedures, confidential resources, etc.
- Oversees, coordinates and ensures investigations of reports and complaints of sexual misconduct are adequate, reliable, timely, confidential and impartial; reviews proposed sanctions for sexual misconduct before they are imposed to ensure that they are reasonably calculated to stop the sexual misconduct and prevent its recurrence.
- Supervises personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion and enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Selects, trains, and oversees designated Deputy Title IX Coordinators across critical areas of the institution; ensures investigators, adjudicators and those involved with processing Title IX complaints are adequately trained in compliance with Title IX guidance.
- Identifies systemic problems relating to complaints and determines whether campus-wide resources should be adopted in response, including review and revision of the University's sexual misconduct policies, increased monitoring, supervision or security at locations where sexual misconduct is reported to occur, and increased education and prevention efforts to targeted populations.
- Collaborates with leadership and campus constituencies to disseminate information, redesign processes, and support the University's investigative processes; collaborates and coordinates with compliance partners within the department and across the institution to support the University's overlapping compliance needs and responsibilities.
- Communicates with local law enforcement and government agencies to ensure reports are handled appropriately and in a timely manner; coordinates with local victim advocacy organizations and service providers.
- Ensures ongoing compliance with Title IX by collecting and analyzing data, writing comprehensive reports and maintaining records of investigations.
- Serves on various University planning and policy making committees; recommends and participates in the development of University policies and procedures.
- Serves as Campus Security Authority as outlined by the Clery Act.
The Title IX coordinator is also responsible for the oversight and management of all Title IX complaints within the University, including:
- Grievance initiation and processing
- Interim measures (where appropriate)
- Documentation and notice
For more information and a list of available resources, please visit LoboRESPECT.